Social media and search engine optimization (SEO) go hand in hand. Essentially, both use sophisticate algorithms and cutting-edge technology to make sure that your customers can find you through a variety of different channels. You have to make sure that your content is indexed as soon as it is released, which can only be done if people find it, talk about it, and share it. This is why the value of having an account with all the different channels is absolutely tremendous.
Implementing Your Social Media SEO Strategy
There are constant changes to the Google algorithm, but one of the latest ones places a huge value on social connects. What this means that, if your readers can’t share on social media, you won’t be indexed at all. Hence, you must:
- Have Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and as many other channels linked on your website.
- Have your website shared on various social networks.
- Build a big following of people who share your services and products.
- Interact with your followers and fans.
- Have social bookmarking links in place.
- Make sure your social media activity is not automated.
As much as possible, you should also use your channels to find suggestions for new content. Find out directly from your customers what they want to hear about, and deliver that. This will make it more likely that your content is shared as well.
Using Social Media for Backlinks
A key element of SEO is the creation of backlinks, and social media is perfect for that, as their backlinks are completely organic. It doesn’t matter whether you offer products, services, or anything else, the search engines will look at whether you have shared links on Facebook and Twitter. You can improve your website’s SEO by:
- Having lots of followers on Facebook and Twitter, so that you are more likely to get new backlinks.
- Write lots of blogs, preferably once a day. Make sure it is shared on your social media sites as well, so that people can share them.
- Have update scheduling solutions in place so that any new blog post is automatically placed on the pages of your followers, meaning that they can access it regardless of the time zone that they are in.
- Go beyond just Facebook and Twitter. Google+ is a very important channel, even though very few people use it. Because it belongs to Google, they love it and that is important for you.
Improve Your Links on Social Media
Social media SEO isn’t going anywhere. It will ensure you can build and grow your business. To improve this, you have to forget about having an audience. What you need is a community. Make sure, as well, that you know which niche you want to target, so that you can send the right messages out. Also, see any feedback as an opportunity to learn, even if it is negative. Last but not least, make sure you always have quality content available on all your channels.